Advanced Open Water Diver
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences, that’s what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about.
- PADI Open Water Certification (or equivalent from another agency)
- Must have dove in the past 12 months
- Be 15 years of age
- In good physical health
- Complete a medical statement
- Classroom Session
- PADI Adventures in Diving Manual & Slate
- Certification card
- Your own dive gear or rented gear
- Dive site entry and parking fees
- Travel, food and Lodging
- 3 scuba tanks and air fills
- Extra needed gear: underwater compass, dive light, back up dive light, strobe or marker light, dive knife/cutting tool, audible signal, safety sausage, and dive computer.
The PADI Advanced Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Self Study – read the manual for the 5 dives that will be completed during the course. Read chapters for: Underwater Navigation, Deep Dive, Night Dive, Naturalist and Peak Performance Buoyancy.
- Classroom – Class orientation, review chapter questions for Peak Performance Buoyancy and preparedness for the open water weekend.
- Apply Knowledge – Go over the knowledge reviews before each dive, Saturday: Peak Performance Buoyancy; Underwater Navigation & Night Dive. Sunday: Deep Dive and Naturalist.