Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- Certified Open Water Diver
- CPR/First Aid within 24 months (we offer PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider, as a separate class)
- PADI Junior Adventure Diver at lest 12 years of age
- Have completed Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive
- In good physical health
- Complete a medical statement attached
- Rescue Manual & Slate
- Classroom Sessions
- Pool Sessions
- Emergency equipment such as CPR mannequins, floats, etc.
- Open Water Dives (Site or parking fees, food, lodging, etc. not included)
- Pocket Mask
- Your own or rented gear
- Two underwater lights, primary and back up, rental available
- Dive knife or shears
Knowledge: Read chapters and finish knowledge reviews at your own pace. Watch a DVD
Classroom Session: Review reading and knowledge reviews, case scenarios and more. There is a 50 question written test.
Confined Pool Session: Practice rescue skills and techniques. You will learn and practice the Rescue Exercises 1-10.
Open water dives: Meet at the planned dive site to complete skills and rescue scenarios. You will complete the rescue exercises and participate in at least two open water rescue scenarios.
EnrollSign Up Today
Call or email us to review the dates and class requirements. Show proof of the prerequisites. Add class to cart and pay. Download the attached Medical Form to bring to our first meeting. We will contact you to set up your training. 503-628-3043 email@example.com